Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hugo sketches

It's been eons since my last update. I got swamped with schoolwork during the last month of last semester and regular work during Christmas break, but here I am back in the saddle. Now, I should be posting stuff for my new project for class (an adaptation of Jungle Book) but I don't have a scanner at home, and I've only produced only a few pieces of good artwork for it. But I will be posting stuff about it soon, hopefully this week. But for now, here are some sketches of the characters from Martin Scorsese's Hugo. 

First up is the title character, tinker and professional urchin Hugo Cabret (played by Asa Butterfield). 

Next is Isabelle (played by Chloe Grace Moretz), the budding author

This next one is the grumpy toy shop owner, Georges Melies (played by the brilliant Sir Ben Kingsley)

 And finally, the Station Inspector Gustave and his trusty sidekick Maximillian (played by Sacha Baron Cohen). Gustave was my favorite character from the movie. 

I wanted to sketch Christopher Lee and Emily Mortimer's characters too, but that would mean less time watching the movie. I'll do it when I watch the movie again, which is probably in the near future because it was so amazing.

Anyway, the next update will be about Jungle Book. I'll have character pages, layouts, and hopefully a color script up.

No comments:

Post a Comment